Now remember, this is my personal routine and I have been exercising for years. If you give it a try, make sure you are in good health an have checked with your doctor before starting any exercise plan. Also – I am not a fitness professional.
Start with a quick 10 minute run then switch to 20 minutes on Elliptical.
This weight routine will take about 45 minutes working at a quick pace.
For your workout today, you will do 4 sets and progressively lower the repetitions as follows: 20-18-15-12 for every exercise. Start with a lighter weight and go heavier as repetitions decrease.
- Chest press with bench at a slight incline using a 45 lb long bar. No weight to start then increase weight as the reps. decrease.
- Flys done on slight incline bench.
- Chest press using dumbbells on incline bench.
- Pec. cross overs using cables.
- Standing Chest press using cables.
Now for biceps – done AFTER you complete the chest workout. Same routine 4 sets x 20-18-15-12. In between your bicep sets, you will work your abs:
- Bicep curls using cables- both arms together. For abs, do 4 x 20 crunches on the ball.
- Bicep curls using rope attachment to cables. Abs: do 4 x 10 to 15 vertical “V” ups.
- Standing bicep curls – alternate arms. Abs: do 4 x 15 -20 knee push outs and/or “V” ups on bench.
For your cooling down aerobics, a brisk walk is pretty good for about 30 – 35 minutes. Feelin’ refreshed yet? Good Workout!