The meeting went well with our international customers. Although Jan was allowed to take pics. in the shop, I didn’t think it proper etiquette to ask for a pic. for my blog so simply imagine 3 different men in suits.
I was STARVING around 11AM because we didn’t take a break. At about 12:15pm we managed to break for lunch and went to a local place, “The Knight Spot”. It wasn’t bad for a little diner type place. I had a tossed salad with oil & vinegar (basically iceburg lettuce, 2 slices of cucumber, and 1/2 tomato) and broiled haddock on a hamburger bun – plain. I only ate the top of the bun-typically I don’t like white bread and won’t eat bread during the week, but I was REALLY hungry. After the gents left, I picked on 1/2 South Beach High Protein P-nut bar and about a 1/4 of a GoLean Chewy Cookies-n-Cream.
- Tonight… I just can’t WAIT to eat! But Ted is cooking a chicken roaster so I have to wait a bit. For me, I concocted the following: “Quorn Chicken Bean Saute”
Set stove top pan on burner, med – high heat w/ 1 TBS olive oil. Add…
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 pkg. Quorn Chick-n-Tenders
- 1/3 cup Utica Greens (this is sauteed escarole with hot cherry peppers, parm. cheese, bread crumbs…in broth – I KNOW they use chicken but I use vegetable broth!)
- Handful of baby bella ‘shrooms.
- Let the above cook for about 7 min. stir around now and then so it doesn’t stick.
- Add 2 ladles of Bean Squash Soup: I made this Sat. and the entire bean soup recipe consists of… 2 can kidney beans(1 dark, 1 light) + 1/2 cup chopped green pepper + 1/4 cup chopped onion + 2 celery stalks, chopped +2 tsp cumin + 1 tsp tumeric + 1 tsp curry powder + 1/2 tsp chile powder + 2 cups cubed butternut squash + 2 cups veggie broth + 1 tsp cilantro.
Now simply let all that simmer until your meat-eating husband’s dinner is ready! Serve green beans on the side.