What a busy day! We finally pulled the noise makers and popped the bubbly around 4pm. Martini and Rossi – ahhh!
At 5Pm, it was time to think about dinner. We had Baked Scallops with Edamame. That was accompanied by Baked Zucchini slices with tomatoes. Here’s the whole scoop.
Baked Scallops with Edamame
*Before I begin, I made the mistake of sprinkling on the cracker crumbs before the edamame… so the picture will look a bit diff.from your results should you follow the directions below.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Wash and dry (between 2 paper towel) 1 lb of bay scallops.
- Put 1 cup of Edamame on the stove to bring to boil, simmer 5 minutes. By the way, if you’re not into soybeans, sub. the edamame with beautiful green petite peas but don’t pre-cook as long.
- Put 1 tbs Smart Balance +
- 1/2 TBS infused olive oil (remember mine is infused (or diffused?) with sun dried tomato, garlic and rosemary) in the bottom of a ceramic baking dish. Add your scallops,
- squeeze 1/2 a lemon over the top,
- sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle more flavored olive oil on top and
- top with your drained, cooked Edamame.
- add about 1/2 a bag (10 – 12 crackers) of crushed reduced fat Ritz Crackers on top.
- Sprinkle with Asiago* cheese and pepper. *Can use parm. or Romano, or combo. of all.
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes.
Baked Zucchini Slices with Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Wash and slice length wise, 3 small zucchini. Toss out the end cuts.
- Coat a ceramic baking dish with Smart Balance (rub about 1 TBS around dish) and
- add 1/3 of a 14.5 oz can of No Salt Added diced tomatoes-do not drain. *If you have FRESH TOMATOES, I would recommend using those instead of canned. Simply chop 2 large FRESH tomatoes to use instead.
- Add 1/2 of the zucchini slices to dish (on top of tomato).
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and dried basil.
- Top with 1/3 more of your tomatoes.
- Add last layer of zucchini, salt,pepper, basil.
- Top with remaining tomatoes
- Drizzle with infused olive oil
- sprinkle with Parm. (or Romano or asiago or mix of all) cheese.
Bake 30 minutes covered with foil. Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes.
It’s back to work for me tomorrow. But who can really complain, work one day – off two. Not sure about the weekend. Ted is going to Turning Stone to hit some golf balls. Maybe a massage for me? Sounds good. If anyone out there goes for massages and has a fav. e.g hot stones, deep tissue, etc., let me know your recommendations. TIA!