Snow again. Ug! It’s nasty snow as well. Falling like tiny icicles, stinging the eyes as the swirling wind whips it into your face from every angle. It makes you wonder why you even stepped out the door. But…. dogs must walk.
At least I began the day working up a sweat in the gym. I tried running but an angry hamstring wasn’t going to hear of that. So I managed a slow mile and switched to the elliptical for 25 minutes. That was followed by 45 minutes of work on the back and triceps as follows:
- 8 x 20 lat pull downs – wide grip. + 4 x 20 skull crushers and 4 x 20 single arm overhead tricep extensions.
- 8 x 20 mid pulley row – V grip, + 4 x 20 two arm o/h tri extenstions and 4 x 20 tricep dips off the bench.
Shane and I tackled the elements with a 38 minute 2.6 mile walk. He just LOVES this nasty weather. He was leaping and grabbing my coat and gloves. I finally had to totally freak out in the middle of the road to get him to stop. He looked at me like “so what’s the big deal?”
Breakfast needed to be very warming. So I made the following.
- 1 VPX shake with 1 cup FUZE
- 1/4 cup cream of rice with cinnamon
- 2 TBS of soymilk added to rice + 2 chopped dried dates + 2 crumbled “Nutorious” nuts on top.
- Fruit: 1/2 a grapefruit and 2 strawberries.
I’ve got to come up with something for dinner. The main “players” are shrimp and scallops. If anyone has any suggestions… please forward my way.
Have a terrific day and I sincerely hope you are getting warm air and sunshine.