Why do I get up before 4AM just to go downstairs to run on a boring treadmill, watch depressing news, and lift weights? These are my initial thoughts as I wander into the bathroom after the alarm goes off. During the course of the next 15 minutes, I’m trying to justify the question. I give myself ways out such as 1. just go downstairs and get on the elliptical. 2. only run a mile today and then walk. 3. don’t lift any heavy weights. keep it simple. When I get into our gym, without thought I switch the treadmill on, see if the FoodNetwork has anything on besides infomercials, switch to the news, get on the treadmill and begin my run. Sometimes it gets easier as I run, sometimes it doesn’t. The result and the message: JUST DO IT!
- Pre workout Jay Robb Shake.
- Run 4 miles
- 40 minutes chest and bicep workout
- Walking with Shane 44 minutes/3.09 miles
Chest workout with Biceps in between Chest Sets.
- Long bar incline chest press. Bicep curl using cables. 4 x 12
- Incline flies. Bicep curls using rope. 4 x 12
- Flat bench chest press. Concentration curls. 4 x 12
- Flat bench flies. Hammer curls. 4 x 12
- Push ups. Crunches. 2 x 20. 1 x 15.
Breakfast was 1 Jay Robb shake. 1/2 cup fresh blueberries. 4 Strawberries. 1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill 5 Grain Hot Cereal with 1/2 banana and 1 TBS Naturally More Peanut Butter.
Now the week begins… wish me luck. I’m not looking forward to it. Although… my week is a heck of a lot easier that what Pres. Obama has to deal with. Make that… wish HIM luck! Have a great day!