I decided to forgo the usual Wednesday workout today, which should have been back/triceps or shoulders. There were two reasons: 1. this morning was predicted to be the best walking day through the weekend and, 2. I had an hours drive to Syracuse this morning and needed to be completely alert and focused. There are times after running, lifting weights, and walking that my eyes get heavy on the way into work. It then takes me 15 minutes or so to get fully focused and start processing details. That wasn’t allowable this morning so…why risk it?!
Instead of the typical workout, I opted for a typical Friday long walk with my buddy, Shane. It was leisurely and I didn’t wear my Garmin so I can only estimate distance covered was about 4 miles.
Breakfast, as a result, was simple: 1 scoop Smooth Banana. 1/4 cup Cream of Rice with Natural (green) Stevia, some chopped apple. I added 1 tsp raisins (just to look pretty as pretty as green can be). Because of the greenish hue, I took a picture of my breakfast makeup as well as the cooked version.
As predicted, last nights dinner was MUCH better today. I heated it up a little in the microwave and put it on top of my spinach, red bell pepper, radish, cherry tomato salad. There was a little Fat Free Raspberry dressing added which gave the meal a hint of sweetness. Sorry … no photo. Somehow it was deleted..whoops!
Dinner is Scalloped EggPlant with Tomatoes and Braised Halibut. We haven’t had fish yet this week and tonight’s the night. However, the Scalloped Eggplant was the highlight of the dinner.
First, you need to get the eggplant going because it will take at least an hour. I had to speed things up a bit so I “nuked” it for 5 minutes then put it in the oven on 425 F for 45 minutes. However… this is how I think the recipe should be prepared:
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Spray a 8 x 11 with Smart Balance Spray.
- Wash and slice (about 1/4″ or smaller) a small EggPlant
- Place a layer of eggplant in dish, spray with SB, sprinkle with Salt and Pepper to taste, sprinkle with 1 TBS chopped fresh parsley.
- Slice 1 Plum tomato into thin slices and place slices on top of eggplant. Sprinkle with pepper to taste, sprinkle with Basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layers of eggplant and tomato 1 more time.
- Finish with last layer of eggplant, Smart Balance, Salt and Pepper.
- Mix together 1 TBS “NAYONNAISE” (soy sub. for Mayo) + 1/2 tsp minced garlic + 1 TBS chopped fresh parsley + 1/2 cup Soy Milk + 1/3 cup Parm Cheese.
- Pour the Nayo + mixture on top of eggplant/tomato layers, cover with foil (loosely) and bake for 55 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 – 10 minutes more. Should be bubbly and brown slightly.
Braised Halibut with Vegetables
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 8 sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 TBS chopped fresh italian parsley
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 lb halibut
- 4 TBS Lime juice.
In a skillet, add the wine and all ingredients EXCEPT fish and lime juice. Cook Med. – Low for about 12 minutes. Add fish and lime and continue simmering 15 – 20 minutes.Fish should flake easily.
I was SO happy about the mail delivery today because my POWDERED PB arrived! That was super quick! AND…we received two free gifts: a Honey Peanut ProMax Bar and a Netrition.com post it pad.
The idea for the Powdered Peanut Butter came from the Peanut Butter review offered by the Peanut Butter Boy. Great site..check it out!
I can’t wait to try this.
Tonight is going to be a reading night. It’s always tough at night because I have to put my CRT lenses in and sometimes my eyes just get too dry to read. We shall see how it goes tonight.
Wishes to you all for a very good night. Ta Ta.