A sentence in a motivational book reads: Stress …”can be a good thing– a little stress can heighten your senses and productivity.” That is very enlightening however, how do we keep it within the so called “good” limits? Is it possible to simply check yourself back and think: “WHOA – Joanne!. You’re exceeding the healthy stress level so just relax a minute.” Who is that talking anyway? What does SHE know?
This is what SHE thinks SHE knows.
- Start by taking a deep breath and begin talking to yourself using all positive statements (don’t worry about those people staring).
- Express emotions and exhibit a positive attitude. Sometimes trying to boost someone else’s mood, helps boost your own. “When we take others under our wing, we grow as well”.
- Exercise helps. Try doing some physical activity at least 30 minutes a day. You can even do 3 x 10 minute walks. Easy? You betcha!
- Eat foods that are protein rich, contain essential vitamins such as C, B, and A.
- Don’t keep putting those challenges or boring jobs off. They will nag at you and take up space in your thoughts. Just do them and get them over with.
- Listen to your favorite music. Watch your favorite movie. Go for a massage. You deserve it.
- Look forward to the learning experience every situation offers, negative or positive, it will allow you to grow.
- Make sure you get enough sleep for your body and life style.
- People very often turn to alcohol or drugs to take them temporarily away from a difficult situation. That doesn’t work. It only causes unrealistic thoughts or solutions. Stay in control. Ask yourself, “have I ever failed me?” Bet your answer is “No. I’ve always come through for myself”.
Before turning to a lacto-ovo vegetarian diet a few years ago, left overs were always a turn off. Not now. There is something more tasty about a meal that was cooked the day before. Maybe it is the flavors having an opportunity to combine as they relax together in the refrigerator. There is no agitation by way of mixing or stirring, no heat, just nice cool air. The fridge is a SPA for leftovers! Who would have guessed?
In speaking of left overs, the stuffed peppers from last night hit the spot tonight. A side of cooked broccoli completed the dish. It was a good, healthy meal all around. NOTE: If you see a bottle of “POM” in the background, it is a clue as to an upcoming blog. Stay tuned!
Everyone in blog land, have a great night and remember…get plenty of rest and dream some happy dreams. Night- Night.