This package of eight 8oz 100% Juice Bottles deserved some research. There had already been some background work done on this tasty beverage by this blogger because it was used in place of squeezing enough juice (about 15 pomegranates for 1 oz of juice) to make a cake in the Apple Crumbles blog of February 28th.
Since eight bottles of this tasty beverage were received, it was deserving of much more attention than the two residents at this site could offer. The following was a survey conducted recruiting six different tasters.
100 % liked it
100% said “not too sweet”
3 tasters said “I like it better than cranberry juice”
1 taster said “It’s “different” tasting, but in a good way”
2 tasters asked the price…”is it expensive?”
1 taster said “initially it’s a little bitter, but then it has a clean, refreshing aftertaste”
In regards to the question: “is it expensive?”, we found that a local grocery chain, Hannafords Supermarkets sells it in 16 oz bottles for $3.99. Not too bad for top quality juice.
100% authentic pomegranate juice. No fillers, sugars, preservatives – it’s flash pasteurized.
The “Wonderful” is a pomegranate variety and it is used for this juice because of its proven health benefits.
History has revered the pomegranate as a symbol of health, fertility and rebirth.
Drinking 8 oz of POM Wonderful daily offers cardiovascular health benefits, reducing arterial plaque, blood flow improvement, lower incidence of LDL oxidation (a factor in the arterial plaque buildup). It offers prostate health benefits and is a superior source of antioxidants.
Although it is NOT organic, it is Kosher.
Additional information found at WISEGEEK:
- A glass of pomegranate juice offers 40% of the US Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) of Vitamin C.
- It has shown to work as a blood thinner and promotes blood flow to the heart.
- Results show its ability to raise “good” levels of cholesterol and lowering bad levels.
- Good for the skin.
- May act as an inhibitor on enzymes responsible for damaging cartilage.
Some people have offered the following findings:
- May have laxative effects. But some say it cured diarrhea.
- Good for skin, body, face.
- A pick-me-up when tired (might not want to drink before bedtime, although at POM Wonderful they say it is great for relaxing).
- Lowers blood pressure
- Decreased swelling experienced in ankles.
- 15-16 pomegranates to get 1 oz of juice.
At Apple Crumbles, we had it in cake.
We had it in protein shakes.
We had it by the glass
As a fitness enthusiast, always in search of healthy ways to compliment my diet, POM WONDERFUL has found a place on my preferred beverage list. 🙂