The following is my version of a recipe I discovered yesterday while “surfing” through my favorite blogs. The original is called “Cauliflower with Spicy Chickpeas, Green Beans and Toasted Almonds” and was posted by Ilva. Her photos are fabulous. She offers beautiful pictures of flowers as well as foods. Anyway…this is the Apple Crumbles version of her recipe. Make sure to check her site for the original.
Spicy Cauliflower with Chickpeas and Match Stick Carrots, Serves 4
- 1 head of Cauliflower, washed and cut into florets
- 14 oz can of Chick peas, drained and rinsed. Pat dry.
- 8 oz carrots sliced into match sticks (or if lazy like me, buy them already pre cut).
- 2 TBS fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chili pepper
- 1/2 TBS lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 TBS olive oil, separated
Preheat oven to 350F. On a cookie sheet lined with foil, spread the chick peas and sprinkle with the chili pepper and salt. Drizzle 1/2 TBS olive oil over the top. Gently mix around a bit to achieve a more even coverage. Bake for 15-20 minutes (according to Ilva).
Steam the cauliflower and carrots until they are done just the way you like. Drain. Place into a serving bowl with the oven roasted chick peas. Add the lemon juice, more salt if needed, parsley, 1 TBS olive oil. Mix around and serve warm or cold.