I’m waiting to hear a complaint from Ted regarding protein from the sea two nights in a row. He won’t stand for it tomorrow, that’s for sure. I’ll most likely see some huge steak defrosting in the refrigerator by the time I go to bed tonight. However, he didn’t seem to mind this meal for which he was elected “Sir Barbecue Chef”.
BQ Grouper Skewers. Serves 2 – 4
- 1 lb Grouper, cut into 1 1/2″ cubes – about 12 pieces
- 6 wooden skewers, soaked in water about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6 cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1″ pieces
- 5 oz (about 8 to 9 ) Baby Bella Mushrooms, cleaned, peeled – stems removed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- pince cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste – you will add a little more to each skewer before grilling so don’t over do it at this point.
- 1 TBS dried chives
Place the fish, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms in a large bowl. Mix all the oil, lemon, seasoning and add to the fish andveggies. Carefully mix around to coat. Let sit for 15 minutes to half an hour. Put veggies and fish on the skewers, evenly distributing them among the 6 skewers – 2 pcs. of fish per skewer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper before putting on the grill
Preheat the grill to about 400 F – medium high. When hot, add the fish skewers. Rotate every 2 minutes for a total cooking time of approx. 6 – 8 minutes. Be your own grill master with this one and take into account the size of the fish “cubes”. Ours were large and thick, about 1 3/4″ to 2″. You won’t want to over cook because the fish will be dry so tend your grill every minute of cooking time.
For the side dish to this dinner, check back Thursday morning for CEimB. It was the best Ellie recipe yet. Yumm-E!