Can you believe that title? Well it’s true. Don’t be turned off by the ingredients because you and your family will never be able to tell there is NO EGGS and NO ADDED FAT in this recipe. It’s one of those healthy alternatives but with great moisture, a slightly chewy texture, a balanced sweetness, and easy to make. That about says it all.
No Fat Banana Cherry Bread
- 2 2/3 cups All purpose flour
- 1 cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 lb (16 oz) Lite Silken Tofu (you can use regular Silken Tofu because there is still very little fat in it)
- 1/4 cup Black Cherry Concentrate (if you can’t find any juice concentrate, simply use Orange Juice or your favorite flavor)
- 1/4 cup water* Use water if using a juice concentrate. If using regular juice, omit water and increase juice to 1/2 cup total.
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Medium over ripe bananas
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 cup Dried Cherries or Raisins – OPTIONAL
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare loaf pans. Use either 2 large loaf pans or you can use a mixture of sizes. I used 1 medium loaf pan and 3 small loaf pans. Spraying them with non-stick baking spray.
Mix first 6 ingredients all together in a large bowl. That’s all your dry ingredients from flour to cinnamon. Add the next 7 ingredients, from the tofu to the almond extract to a food processor or blender and mix until fairly smooth. Add to the dry ingredients and stir in the cherries or raisins if using.
Bake approximately 55-60 minutes for large loaf pans. 45 minutes for medium loaf pan. 35 minutes for small loaf pans. Let cool and …don’t tell ANYONE there is tofu in this bread. They wouldn’t believe you anyway.
Remember I was talking about some construction at Apple Crumbles? Well, it is complete! Yay!
We had a walkway put in around the back of the house. It is done in stampcrete.
Here are some photos:
Now we wait for the grass to grow. We will be putting flowers and some other adornments to pretty things up a bit. With all the rain we are having, we should be seeing grass in no time.