Preheat oven to 375 F.
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS Smart Balance with Omega-3
- 4 Morning Star Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper and 1/2 red pepper, both chopped
- 1/3 of a medium zucchini, quartered then sliced.
- 1/3of a medium yellow squash, quartered then sliced.
- 2 beaten whole eggs
- 3/4 cup eggbeaters
- 3/4 cup egg whites* NOTE: You can use 1 1/2 cups of all beaters or all whites if preferred.
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese or cheese of choice (I used Mexican blend).
- sprinkle garlic, pepper, salt to taste.
Heat large, oven proof saute pan on stove over med-high heat. Add olive oil and Smart Balance. Add the Breakfast patties. When they begin to sizzle, add your onions and cook 1 min. add your peppers, then your squash. Saute about 4 -5 minutes. Slice up/break up the patties into chunks so you can spread pcs. throughout your frittata. Sprinkle on garlic, toss around then turn off heat. Remove pan from heat. Add all your eggs together and beat really well about 1 – 2 minutes. Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Sprinkle with pepper, salt to taste.* I add cayenne pepper for some “zing”. Top with cheese. Bake in oven for about 20 – 25 minutes.
The approx. nutrition is as follows (depends on substitutions):
Makes 4 LARGE servings. Slice it into 8 and divide nutrition in 1/2.
318 calories. 17 g Fat. 130 mg Cholesterol. 10 g Carbohydrates. 3 g Fiber. 31 g Protein.