Preheat oven to 425F
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon fillets
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- Let the above sit while preparing the following:
- 1 TBS Smart Balance + 1 TBS Olive oil
- 1 chopped Shallot
- 2 TBS honey
- 1/2 TBS cider vinegar (or wine vinegar)
- 1 1/2 TBS lemon juice
- Saute the shallot in SB and oil for about 1 min. on med. hi. Add the rest for about 2 – 3 min. Remove glaze, turn heat up to high and add salmon to the pan for about 2 min per side – just to brown.
- Place salmon in baking dish (as usual, I use a foil lined pan….lazy me!) and drizzle cooked sauce over the fillets.
- Bake for 8 min. Try not to over do it!
Reduce heat on that “dirty” pan that you just cooked the salmon in ( to med),…lots of flavor in that thar pan…. scrape any burned skin which might have stuck and toss away, add 2 TBS lemon juice and 1/4 cup water and heat 8 asparagus spears for about 4 min. on med. To be served on top of salmon.
Pierce the butternut squash with a knife or fork and microwave for as long as it takes your mw to cook it. Depending on size, ours takes about 12 min. Scoop the “meat” out, mash it up, mix in s & p to taste, put into a pyrex type dish, place in the oven to keep warm while salmon is prepared.
Nutrition (per 4 servings) which includes asparagus and squash:
360 cals., 14.2 g fat, 28 g carbs., 32 g protein.