Need to eat up some fruit instead of tossing it? Make a pie.
1 Ready Made Pie Crust Shell (pkg. of 2. 1 for top and 1 for bottom)
- 3 peeled, cored,sliced apples.
- 2 peeled, cored, sliced pears
- 10 or 12 or however many you have to use strawberries
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 TBS hazelnut syrup (optional)
- 1 cup Black cherry or other 100% Fruit Spread sweetened with Fruit juice.
Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare fruit and put in bowl. Add vanilla, syrup if using, flour. Heat fruit spread in microwave for about 30 – 40 seconds to make a little bit running. Stir into fruit, flour mix. Pour into pie shell. Top with other pie shell and bake about 60 minutes. Upon removing, glaze with apricot preserves.
*Use foil to cover edge of pie so it doesn’t get too brown while cooking.