This recipe offers the entire meal of fish, Oven Roasted Herbed Brussel Sprouts, and Riesling Butternut Squash. It brings together all those wonderful flavors of fresh herbs, sweet wine and delicate fish. Be prepared to totally titillate your taste buds!
- 1 lb thin Tilapia Fillets ( 3 -4 pcs.)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup White Wine (such as a crisp Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 TBS lime juice
- 1 TBS Smart Balance
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
Rinse fish and season with salt and pepper. Mix in a small bowl the garlic, wine, lime, SmartBalance. Heat the 1 TBS EVOO in a large saute pan on medium high. When hot, add fish and let cook 3 min. first side, flip over, cook 2 -3 minutes 2nd side. Remove to plate and keep warm. With the pan still hot, add the wine mixture and reduce (about 4 minutes depending how hot you have the pan). Add the onions and continue reduction about 1 more minute. Drizzle the wine reduction over the fish and serve.
Oven Roasted Herbed Brussel Sprouts
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Wash and slice in 1/2 about 1 lb of brussel sprouts (enough for 2)
- Put in boiling, salted water and continue boiling 5 minutes.
- Drain. Dab with clean paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Spray with SmartBalance or other butter flavored (BUT HEALTHY) spray. Or drizzle with EVOO.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add Herb mix of: 1 TBS chopped cilantro, 1 TBS chopped parsley, 1 tsp thyme leaves, 1 tsp chopped rosemary.
- Roast for 15 -20 minutes.
Riesling Butternut Squash
I used a beautiful, yet simple Glenora NY Finger Lakes wine, a 2007 Riesling to enhance the wonderful sweet flavors of this squash.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- 1 large Butternut Squash. Puncture a few times with fork and microwave until tender (about 20 minutes on high).
- When squash is soft, scoop out seeds and toss away. Scoop out the tasty flesh and put into a oven proof dish with a lid.
- Pour over the top, about 1/3 cup semi sweet white wine.
- Put in oven for about 15 minutes.